Sunday, February 05, 2012

Please pray for me...


Please pray for me, that I may have both spiritual and physical strength to perform my duties; that I may not only speak the truth but become the truth; that I may not only be called a Christian, but also live like a Christian. Yet I do not want people to look to me as an example, for at best I can only be a pale reflection of Christ Jesus; let people look away from the reflection and turn to the reality. Christianity is not a matter of persuading people of particular ideas, but of inviting them to share in the greatness of Christ. So pray that I may never fall into the trap of impressing people with clever speech, but instead I may learn to speak with humility, desiring only to impress people with Christ himself.”Ignatius of Antioch, 35-108 A.D.

1 comment:

  1. This is what the Lord is showing me. We (I) am to be a living epistle, reflecting His nature in all my dealings. I have violated that perhaps 4 times already this morning, and it's only 7:00am. I can get discouraged at this, or rest in the work He is doing and continues to do in me, knowing that I have received forgiveness through the finished work of Christ, and that as I continue to abide in the Vine, He will cause my branch to produce the fruit of the Spirit. In Christ Alone.

    ReplyDelete