Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fever induced reflections…

I’ve been terribly sick since Sunday evening. So far this week I’ve spent the majority of my time in bed. I don’t remember a time in my life when I’ve ever been as sick as I’ve been this week. Fever, chills, vomiting, etc. is what I’ve been dealing with all week. And I’ve not been able to talk…well I can talk but only ever third word or so is understandable. This has all caused me to do some thinking – my calling and career all depends on my voice, if I permanently lost my voice my life would of course change drastically! Thank God this has all “came to pass” and hopefully it will soon run its course.

But, I’ve been reminded that we live in bodies that are dying. Gradually all of our bodies begin to fail. When you’re young and healthy you don’t spend much time thinking about the fact that we’re all headed for the grave eventually if Jesus doesn’t return first. The older I get the more I realize that I won’t live forever and my “people suit” is slowly wearing out. May God help me to “seize the day” and live every day as if it may be my last.

Sorry if this post seems a little melancholy – half a week in bed sick will do that to you! ;-) While I’m thinking about it, I turn 30 this year so I think I will have to change the name of my blog. I guess I’ll have to drop the “Young” part! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment