Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mission Accomplished! The roof has been replaced!

Below is the text from a message I sent out today for all of the Churches and individuals who contributed towards our Church roof project. I thought I would post the message here as well. I really want to let everyone who prayed for us or gave towards the project to know that I appreciate it more than words could ever express! I am truly overwhelmed at the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord and His people as the result of how this project came together. I love the Family of God!

The Church roof is finally completed! We are so grateful to the Lord for supplying and for the generosity of His people for being so willing to give to help others!

clip_image002

clip_image004I remember so well the feeling of knowing that the roof had to be replaced yet also knowing that we had no money to do the job. Yet, I knew that God is faithful. Our “theme” chorus at Cordele is “My God is Enough” and once again He has proved that to be true!

In the picture above you can see the completed project – a roof with all of the same color shingles, and hopefully no leaks! In the picture on the left you can see the section of roof where they added on to so that it would not be so flat. This section of the roof covers the Junior Church classroom and from what I understand they have had problems with this part leaking since almost right after it was originally built. We have tried various “fixes” over the years but hopefully now the problem is resolved!

We plan to now begin work on the inside of the Church. There are many discolored places in the sanctuary and classrooms from where the roof has been leaking and in some places portions of the ceiling have been falling. Over the next couple of months we plan on repairing these places and repainting the sanctuary. We also are going to be doing some landscaping on the exterior of the Church and we hope to make the place look much more inviting to the community. The biggest part of this “battle” is over – the roof is fixed! I considered taking a victory shout around the building to celebrate the completion of the roof! I feel like so a large burden has finally been rolled off of our shoulders!

This is due to so many Churches and individual’s generosity and we want all of you to know just how much we appreciate all that has been given to help our Church. As the roofers were loading up their things to leave this afternoon I took my camera out to take these pictures. As I was taking the pictures I stopped by the mailbox to get the mail. It has now been sometime since I had received any checks towards the project. God had supplied and so many gave and now a couple of months have gone by since the last time I received a check. But today as I was taking pictures of the completed roof I went to the mailbox and inside I found another check for $250! It was as if God said to me, “See, I told you I would provide.” Tears are running down my face as I type this and once again I want to just let everyone know how much we appreciate you!

Thanks so much!

Pastor Jon Earls & the Cordele Ga. Bible Methodist Congregation

No comments:

Post a Comment