Sunday, February 28, 2010

The hardest thing I've ever done...

This morning I announced to my church that I would be leaving at the end of this Conference year. This has been one of the most agonizing decisions I’ve ever had to make. It was difficult, not because I didn’t know what the will of the Lord was, but because of the love I have for the people of my church. For nearly eight years I have served as their Pastor. When we first came to our church my wife and I had only been married about a week and a half. I had just graduated from college and was full of zeal but I’m not sure how much brains :-) Yet, my people loved us and treated me with the same kind of respect that would have treated someone who had been pastoring for 50 years. The people of this church have stood with us through thick and thin. They have loved us and treated us very well. We are not leaving because of any problems or because we are seeking someplace “bigger” or “better.” We are leaving because we know that God is leading us on. Where that place is we do not know at this point but we firmly believe that God will direct our paths as we seek His will regarding our future. We would appreciate your prayers!

Below I’m embedded my sermon from this mornings service. At the end of the message I made the announcement we would be leaving. (Sorry if it sounds a little funny – I don’t have very good recording equipment)

No comments:

Post a Comment