Monday, May 18, 2009

This Momentary Marriage

I'm currently reading "This Momentary Marriage" by John Piper. I've really just started the book so I can't offer any substantial thoughts about what I've read. However, this quote really struck me :

...the magnificence of marriage in the mind of God seem[s] unintelligible in a modern Western culture, where the main idol is self; and its main doctrine is autonomy; and its central act of worship is being entertained; and its three main shrines are the television, the Internet, and the cinema; and its most sacred genuflection is the uninhibited act of sexual intercourse. Such a culture will find the glory of marriage in the mind of Jesus virtually incomprehensible.

That is so true!

By the way, you can download a free .pdf copy of this book by clicking here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment