Saturday, May 24, 2008

Strangely Warmed...

On this date in 1738 (May 24) John Wesley wrote in his journal, "In the evening I went very unwillingly to a society, where one was reading Luther's preface to the Epistle to the Romans. About a quarter before nine, while he was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ, Christ alone, for salvation: and an assurance was given me, that he had taken away my sins, even mine, and saved me from the law of sin and death."

His heart was "strangely warmed" and God used him to set England and America on fire and today through the message Wesley preached and God blessed, hearts are continuing to be "warmed."

2 comments:

  1. this is very good i am a serious christian and i am writing a book about john wesley please look out for the title "John Wesley, local hero"

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I really love reading about this man,I am a RE teacher and I needed to set a homework about something to do with RE and I think this is what I will write about!

    Brill
    Thanks John Wesley and may you rest in peace!
    :]

    ReplyDelete