Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I would appreciate your prayers...

Tonight I am going to be preaching at an African-American Church in our community. I really know very little about this Church - including what their doctrine is. It's going to be an interesting experience, especially since the message I feel led to preach has a strong, shall we say, "Wesleyan-Armenian" slant to it. I'll try to have my wife take some pictures and I'll post them later with a report of how things go. Just pray for me tonight I would appreciate it!

Update: Things went very well and God helped me to preach. I have decided that I was going to have my church pianist begin to play while I am preaching. It really draws the preach out of you when you're hitting a high point and you've got some background music emphasizing the point! :-) LOL! Unfortunately we failed to get any pictures. No one spoke in tongues, so I'm still not sure if it's a Pentecostal church or not-they did get pretty excited though. There are some very nice people at the church. They said they agreed 100% with my message (Wesleyan-Armenian "slant" and all-they didn't say this part, but they did say they agreed 100% with what I had to say). It was really a neat experience-I had a great time preaching there. If you prayed for me - thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment