Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A couple of my latest purchases

I recently bid on a couple items on eBay, not expecting to win either, but of course I won both! (By the way, this is not a recommended practice to get in to...I know one guy who purchased a car doing this-the only problem was he didn't have the money for it...)

I received both of my purchases in the last few days. The first one was a bread machine. I have been longing for a bread machine for a very long time. I grew up with fresh bread every Sunday. For some reason, my wife has not been crazy about the idea of the purchase of a bread machine (this could have something to do with the fact that I love bread and bread loves me...my weight could have something to do with her opposition to the machine). :-) Anyways, I won the auction and received my machine on Saturday. This of course thrilled me to death (my wife was less impressed). Sunday I made my first loaf of bread...it was great but the next loaf I'm sure will be even better.

My second purchase was the complete works of John Wesley. I am extremely pleased with this purchase and over the course of the next year or so I plan to read his complete works. I'm sure that this particular purchase will be more beneficial to me than the bread machine, but there's nothing quite like eating a piece of homemade bread while reading John Wesley... :-)

3 comments:

  1. I recently became the proud owner of 3 items, completely due to the placing of careless minimum bids I never expected to win. Thankfully, they are all fairly small items that I can actually use. Lesson learned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one item I did not share in this post, is that I had some explaining to do to my wife when I had to tell her that I had won both of these items the same day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead of buying a machine to mix the dough for you you should of purchased a kitchenaide mixer and book called the bread bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum. You would get better bread. I have been making bread for two years and have been making the unleavened bread from a recipe found in this book.

    ReplyDelete