Friday, April 20, 2007

Kiddie Pastors and the Consequences

I guess you could say that I'm a "kid" pastor. I'm only 26 years old, so I guess I'm still a little "wet behind the ears."

However, I am concerned with the modern church, and the immaturity of some of the pastors who lead them.

Now, everyone who knows me, knows that I love to have a good time. I love to act crazy and probably at times a "little" immature. By reading my blog, you know that I love humor, and that I often post stupid videos or jokes on here.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having fun. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pastors having a good time and "letting their hair down" every once in a while. In fact, I think it would be good if a few pastors I know would "lighten up" a little bit.

However, there is one thing which I want to be very serious about - that is the fact that I am the under-shepherd of a flock. I have the responsibility of leading people to God. May God help me not to fail in my responsibility!

I don't have to be "cool," "relevant," "post-modern," "emergent," or any of the other trends in modern Christianity. What I do have to be is faithful to God, the Scripture, and the Church. May God help me to grasp the seriousness of the task which He has given to me...

Click here to read a great article which inspired this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment